
I have had a really bad anxiety filled day today One of my worst ones in months, and it's one of those that has no rhyme or reason, it just has been terrible today... I'm not afraid to say that I do suffer from an Anxiety disorder that has plagued my entire life from 5th grade through this very moment.. Then I thought to myself, Matt don't let it get you down today, introduce your readers to the family one at a time... You have already met Ashley my 14 year old now I would like to introduce you to Katie.. My beautiful 11 year old.
Katie was born on July 19th 1999. I can remember the day that Anna came out of the bathroom with a very nervous look on her face.. She had her hands behind her back and she whipped out the pregnancy test strip that was super positive lol.. Of course, being a person that needs to be assured like 10 bajillion times, I went out and bought 5 more tests.... All positive.. Katie was not planned and I call her my little miracle because of the simple fact that she was conceived while Anna was on the birth Control shot Depo.. We were told by a Dr. that the chances of this happening were 1 and 10,000!!! I knew from that moment on that this baby was going to be special.. Little did I know all of the tests that were run on Anna to make sure Katie was in fact okay because of the risk's of getting pregnant on Depo..
It was finally time for Katie to meet the world on july 19th 1999.. Anna had to be induced because our Dr. didn't want her to go any longer.. Anna insisted on an ALL Natural childbirth, and by god, she did it!! She was an absolute trooper and I was even more in love with her because of the pain she endured during the delivery!!! Finally the moment came when our little Katie was born and the emotions that were flowing through my body were undescribable.. People always try to explain what you are going to feel when you see your first child born, but it can't be explained.. It is just too great of a feeling to put into words or into a sentence.
Katie is now 11 and she has matured into a beautiful, intelligent, and an absolutely loving person.. She makes the honor roll consistantly, she is a very responsible person, and she absolutely loves playing with younger children.. we call her our little "Mom" in training.. much younger children just flock to her. They love her!! Katie is very much like her Daddy in that she is very emotional. I remember when I was on my way to the hospital for bad chest pains, her sister had to calm her down because she was absolutely terrified, crying, and just scared.. Her sensitivity is off the charts.. We have to be very careful on how we discipline her or she just completely breaks down.. It's a work in progress but in the end I know this young lady is going to amount to something special.. I still and always will call Katie my little "twee-Pee".. As much as I try I just can't stop calling her that..It's a habit and a habit that I don't intend to break...Welp I have to go now, Katie and Eric want to plant a tree out in the yard!!! Speaking of Eric, you will be meeting him in the next entry!! Till then Ciao!!!
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment