Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the times like tonight...

That I know I have done something right.. My heart is so filled with joy right now and it seems almost unbelieveable that it is all attributed to some words that came out of my 14 year old daughters mouth..

Tonight Ashley had her boyfriend over.. Yes I wont lie, I was a little nervous and very precautious but I said to myself, "Matt You trust this beautiful girl, let her go on her own and make her own decisions". So I sat downstairs and left them alone, passing the time looking at some weather info and social networking.. All in all he was here for over 3 hours!! I talked to him a few times and it's one of those instant "I like this kid" vibes that I get from him... I can spot a good from a bad person a mile away and this kid is a good one..

Anyway, his Dad came (who happens to be a high school buddy of mine) to pick him up, we chatted and Harrison was very polite in saying, "thanks for letting me come over!!" I told him "Anytime Buddy". I then let my fatherly instincts take over, I took Ashley into a room and shut the door.. She was looking at me like she had done something wrong, I instantly calmed her and said "Sweetie, I don't want to be intrusive but did you and Harrison have any interaction?" She said, "Yes we kissed 3 times" I said "is that all"?? ****Warning very emotional moment coming lol**** This was her response::::: "Daddy, I know about sex, i do not want to become a teenage mom, I have a whole life ahead of me and I want to make you and mommy proud of me".. She also went on to say she did not want to contract any diseases...

So being the emotional guy I am I started crying right on the spot and she asked what was wrong, i said.... "You have just made me the proudest father on the planet" and we proceeded with a hug that felt like it lasted a lifetime...

I have a ton of friends that were teenage mothers, My own wife was. Everyone of them turned out stronger and nothing but the better for it, God has a plan for ALL of us no matter what, but to hear my daughter at 14 know what she wants out of life just floored me... She isn't 14 to me tonight, she isnt a little girl anymore.. She is a woman.. And for this very reason I can safely say....... I am a proud papa this December 8th of 2010. I will never forget this day.. :)

Thanks for listening to my rant... Just wanted to get this out..:)

Ciao for now

Matt OUT..

No comments:

Post a Comment