Okay first off, if you don't know what the title of my blog means then you shouldn't even be here.. Second, there is No other singer in the world that I love more than the Late, Great, Man in Black himself... Mr. Johnny Cash
I admire Johnny for so many reasons.
1. He came from a rough childhood and made a huge success out of himself
2. He was a Native American Artifact Hunter!!!! (Something I WILL get into in future blogs)
3. He was able to overcome horrible addictions and better himself.
4. He fought for June Carter Cash until she finally succumbed into marrying him (Something I dearly admire, never give up on your dreams.. without them, the imagination is just empty.)
5. He had theeee MOST UNIQUE voice of any singer, and still to this day does!!!
6. He understood that everyone messes up and gets into bad situations in their life, hence his still Highest selling Live Album from Folsom Prison..
I've only highlited 6 reasons why I most admire the man, but the biggest reason I admire him is he sang true to his heart. If you study the lyrics of his songs he was a true God fearing, faith believing, just all around legend that didn't care if some of his songs were misconcieved by the public.. He did it HIS way, and HIS way only... That, my friends is something that is lacking in today's music world.. Too many artists want to "appease" the fanbase.. Johnny most defintely appeased the fanbase, but he did it on his own terms. Just look at how many of his producers and investors were against the Folsom Prison Live album!! Johnny did NOT care.. He went in, sang his heart out and the inmates there loved him for it.. Now don't get me wrong, I know some of the inmates probably did horrible things but Johnny looked past that. He reached into the depths of his soul and gave them a small taste of the outside world.. Something that some of them had not seen for YEARS..
In the end, Johnny was the best.. I listen to his music every day while I'm working and he STILL gives me goosebumps when I here my favorite song, 'I Walk the Line'
Here's to you Johnny.. I know you and June are in heaven together.. As you were always meant to be.. :)
Ciao for now
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment